Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rice Krispy Treats

I know, I know this is a no-brainer recipe, but you never know when someday our children or grandchildren or great grandchildren will need it so I decided to put it on here.Now obviously the picture shows my all time favorite way to enjoy Rice K's... with candy corn!
But the recipe below is for the original version.

Funny story about the last time I made these (which was just last week)
I had Parker come in and watch me pour the Rice K's into the pan, I handed him the bowl to finish off the remaining inside.
He asked me," Is it ok to eat it? Doesn't it have to cook first?"

If that's not bad enough, I was making a second batch and Miranda came in and wanted to pour it into the pan for me. When she was finished she asked, " Now how long does it have to bake?"
Seriously, I thought I taught my kids better than that.

So here it is... the "no bake" version of Rice Krispy Treats

Rice Krispy Treats

6 cups mini marshmallows (one bag)
1 cube butter (oh yes, I said one whole cube)
6 cups Rice Krispy cereal

Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave 1 min.
Stir, continue cooking another 30 sec. to 1 min.
(this can also be done on the stove in a saucepan)
Once melted, stir in Rice Krispy cereal and blend well
(This is when you would stir in Candy Corn if wanted)
Pour into Pam sprayed 9x13 pan
Wet hands with cool water and lightly press into pan
(the water helps it not to stick or burn)
Let cool, cut and enjoy!



No comments: