Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Have S'More

I was minding my own business making Rice Krispy Treats (with candy corn) when I peeked at the back of the marshmallow package and saw this recipe for S'more bars.
I took mental check of my pantry did a little mixing and voila I had created a delicious treat to go along with my Rice K's at Smart Night.
It made me feel like I was sitting at Duck Creek in front of the camp fire!
They were a HUGE hit with the teens and tutors. This recipe is for an 8x8 pan, but next time I'll definitely double it to make more!

S'mores Bars

3 cups mini marshmallows
4 cups Honey graham cereal
3 tbs butter
1 bag milk chocolate chips

Spray 8x8 pan with Pam
Melt mallows and butter in microwave bowl (cook on high 1 min;stir, 30 sec more)
Add cereal and mix until well coated.
Press firmly into baking dish (I wet my hands in cold water and it won't stick)
Sprinkle mini mallows over top of cereal; press in slightly
Melt chocolate chips in microwave (high 1 min; stir - 10 seconds more until melted)
Drizzle/spread over top of mallows.
Let set until firm (I put in freezer for a bit since I didn't have a ton of time to wait)


1 comment:

Verlynn said...

I'm going to have to go on a mini marshmallow search. Have seen big ones but no mini's so far. The cereal might be tricky too but figure I can substitute craham crackers broken up. Would that work?