Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eyeballs

I discovered this recipe in a 1998 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. I still have the original torn out page too.
It's been a popular Halloween favorite ever since.
I've even made them into pumpkins for Thanksgiving and snowballs for Christmas.

Peanut Butter Eyeballs
(makes about 20)

1/2 c. Peanut Butter (creamy or chunky - I like chunky)
3 Tbs. butter - softened
1 c. powdered sugar - sifted
White melting chocolate
plain M&M's
Red & Black decorator gel icing

Cream together Peanut Butter & butter
Stir in Powdered Sugar
Form 1" balls and set on Parchment covered cookie sheet to set.
Melt white chocolate and dip PB balls to cover completely.
Set back on cookie sheet and place M&M in center
chill in freezer to set
Once set, place in baking cups and top M&M with black gel for pupil
and red gel for veins.
Let set completely

Enjoy!!



3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yum, I LOVE these. I'll be making some next week for Loney to take to work.

Verlynn said...

I'm off to the store to find powdered sugar then will get busy and make some. Can't wait to see the Elders reactions! Thanks.

Naomi said...

Hi Ginger! I wanted to make these for Isaac's Kindergarten Halloween party. They are so cute. I was wondering if you had any tips for dipping them in the chocolate? I mean, do you use any special tools to make them turn out so nicely?