Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chocolate Banana Bread

I found this recipe online and just happened to have extremely ripe banana's sitting in my kitchen so I decided why not!
I made 4 mini loaves instead of a couple larger ones. I gave them out to some friends and they all loved it.
Chocolate Banana Bread
(makes 1 loaf)

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil
1 1/4 c. mashed banana (about 3)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. chocolate chips

Beat together sugar, eggs and oil
Add mashed banana's and vanilla
Combine together in separate bowl flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt
Gradually stir into wet mixture

Pour into greased and cocoa dusted bread pans
(cocoa is a great substitute for flour when making chocolate bread)
Bake 350* for 60 min

I added a chocolate ganache drizzle over the top
I don't have a specific recipe for that but you just heat whipping cream and a tsp or so of butter and pour over chocolate chips.
Let it melt and pour over bread. Let set up.

No comments: