Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bruschetta

pronounced (brus'ketta)

I started making this a while back. I know a lot of the family doesn't like tomatoes, but even in my family, everyone is excited when I make it. Ryan and I eat it the traditional way and Miranda and Parker eat the toasted bread only. Many times Parker has requested I fix bruschetta with dinner.
I made this one up, so I'm sure there is a more technical version out there on the internet somewhere.

Bruschetta

Roma tomatoes chopped small (these are a little less juicy)
chopped olives (not sliced)
Fresh basil - chopped (I've been growing this in my garden)
Olive oil - EVOO
Garlic Salt
Pepper
baguette bread
grated Parmesan cheese

So, I really don't have measurements for this recipe.
Depending on how big of a batch I'm making I adjust the amounts.
Just chop the tomatoes, stir in some olives & basil
Drizzle with EVOO and add a bit of garlic salt and pepper.
Set this mixture aside to let the flavors blend

Slice baguette on an angle and spread onto cooking sheet
Brush tops with EVOO
Broil in oven until just golden brown

Serve warm with tomato mixture and top with parmesan cheese.

YUMMY!

No comments: