Thursday, July 22, 2010

Zucchini Crumb Sheetcake

I went to my local Farmer's Market this last Saturday and a 3 pound zucchini was calling my name. So I bought it thinking a nice zucchini treat would be a neat. I called Ginger for a recipe and she gave me 4 to try. This is the first one I made and boy is it tasty! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have.



Zucchini Crumb Sheetcake

Combine together:
3 eggs
2 c. Sugar
3 t. vanilla
1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt

Then add:
2 c. grated zucchini
2 c. flour

Put the cake mixture into a greased and floured cookie sheet (with sides). Then put the crumb topping on top.

Crumb Topping
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. butter


Cook in a 350 degree oven for 25-28 minutes. Take out of oven and cool slightly. Drizzle with a glaze.

Glaze
1 c. powdered sugar
1 T. butter
2 T. warm orange juice


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh this looks even better than I remembered... I have got to make this again!!!

Verlynn said...

Looks so yummy! I hope I can remember how to bake when I get home.