Monday, March 29, 2010

The Everything Salad

I discovered this salad while planning a Stake Young Women dinner.
The name is so appropriate because it truly has a little bit of everything in it.

I tested it out on my family before feeding 150 people and it was so yummy!
Totally a full meal itself... just add some rosemary rolls (recipe to follow)

EVERYTHING SALAD
Lettuce - 1 head Romaine & 1 head Iceberg combo is good
1 c. chopped celery
1 avocado, sliced
1 bunch green onion, diced
1/2 c Craisins
1 apple, chopped
1 can Mandarin oranges
1 /2 c slivered almonds, sugared*
1/3 c Feta cheese, to taste
To make this salad more hearty I added a couple grilled chicken breasts (George Forman style) ...yummy!

DRESSING:
6 T. white wine vinegar
1/4 c. light extra virgin olive oil
3 T. sugar
Salt, pepper and chopped parsley to taste

Toss and serve! Serves 6-ish

*To sugar almonds, heat 4 T. sugar in small pan on med. high heat.
Add almonds and stir a few minutes until golden brown and tacky.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That sounds really yummy. Guess I should start to like avocados.

Unknown said...

You can leave out any ingredients you don't like Nat... I haven't made it with Avacados yes cuz I"m not fond of them either