Monday, February 14, 2011

Stir Fry

I've tried a lot of different recipes for stir-fry before finding this one.
In fact, Granny introduced me to this recipe. She used a "secret" ingredient that she wouldn't tell me about, (but it was only because she thought I wouldn't eat it if she did)

The secret to this yummy stir-fry is Oyster sauce.
Now all you non-seafood eaters like me, do not fret. It is so yummy and you can't even tell it's in there except to make it delicious.


Now the quantities will vary depending on how many you are feeding.
  I just make enough for the 4 of us so if you want more, just double the amounts :) 

Stir- Fry
2 Chicken Breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
Stir-fry vegetables (cut into bite size pieces) (use whatever you have on hand or your favorites)
  red & green peppers
  broccoli
  carrots
  snow peas
   green onions
  zucchini
  water chestnuts
   etc... (really anything goes here)

Chicken broth
corn starch
soy sauce
Oyster sauce

Start by cooking the chicken pieces in olive oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add in about 1/2 cup chicken broth to pan and all vegetables (ok, so granny never gave me exact measurements so I'm just making this up as I go along :)
Cover pan and simmer until vegies are almost finished stirring occasionally
Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup chicken broth in small bowl, add 3 Tbs (or so) of corn starch and a lot of shakes of soy sauce and 2 Tbs of oyster sauce (again, not exact measurements, just guessing)

Stir cornstarch mix in with vegies and simmer until thickens.
mix chicken back in with vegies to re-reat.
Serve over rice.

See, super easy and soooo yummy!

1 comment:

Verlynn said...

That should be EVOO, by the way! That's how I make it. I like it without the oyster sauce also. It turns out best when you use one of Dad's authentic woks!