Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Apple Bars

I was flipping through a new Fall Magazine and saw this recipe that looked sooo yummy! I didn't really want the entire magazine so I just copied down the recipe :) (is that stealing?)
I was super anxious to try it so decided to make it right away. They were super simple and so yummy!
I think I might try making them into mini muffins next time.

Apple Bars

3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 c. oil
2 c. flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 c. chopped apples (do not peel)
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1 tsp vanilla

Combine eggs & salt and beat until frothy (about 1 min)
Mix in sugar and oil until blended
Mix together flour, soda and cinnamon and add to wet mixture
Fold in apples, walnuts & vanilla until well blended

Spray 14 x 10 " Jelly roll pan with pam with flour and spread batter in bottom.
Bake 350 degrees for 30 - 35 min or until golden brown
While cooling prepare glaze

Glaze
1 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbs softened butter
2-3 Tbs milk

Spread glaze over top and let set.
Cut into squares and enjoy!!

1 comment:

adragon69 said...

This tasted awesome Ginger! Making them into muffins would be even better!